Last year around this time I shared a “pumpkin muffin” creation:
and since pumpkin is a popular ingredient in many Thanksgiving desserts, I thought I’d share another pumpkin muffin recipe. I love this one for several reasons:
- These muffins are REALLY fast and easy to make
- They contain NO flour
- The only oil in the recipe comes from the tahini that is used
- The end result is a combined cake and pudding-like texture that makes them taste like a delicious pumpkin molten cake, but without all the extra sugar and fat
The only negative is that they taste so good that it’s hard to stop at just one!
- ¼ cup tahini*
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp. agave nectar
- ½ cup gluten-free oats (or your choice)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare grease or line a muffin pan (this recipe will only make 9 cupcakes).
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender and blend on high until the batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for a further 3 to 5 minutes. The cupcakes will not be firm and may appear to be under-baked, but this is exactly how they should be.
- Allow cupcakes to cool, and then store in refrigerator.