Here’s another recipe for those of you who like raw and wholesome “energy” snacks, and if you are as keen on Hammer Nutrition products as I am, you’ll love that I included Recoverite powder in these bars. These are super easy to make, but quite decadent, so don’t eat them all at once; I like to grab one before I exercise, and/or immediately after (to hold me over until I have time to eat a proper meal).
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raw whole almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 scoops Recoverite (any flavor will work – I used Strawberry in these bars and they were delicious)
- 1/3 cup coconut cacao spread (I used this product, but if you can’t find anything similar, just substitute with something like this organic hazelnut/cocoa spread)
- 2 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsps agave syrup
- A dash of sea salt (optional)
Simple: just pulse all the ingredients together in a food processor until a dough-like consistency is achieved, and then spread out in a rectangle shape on a parchment-lined tray. Cover the top with more parchment paper and place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours. Cut into approximately 16 bars and store in a sealed container, either in the freezer or refrigerator.
[About Hammer Nutrition Recoverite: if you’ve never tried Recoverite before, it’s a powder-form recovery drink that has been especially formulated to provide the ideal 3:1 ratio of carbohydrates:protein. The 3:1 ratio is necessary for optimal replenishment of muscle glycogen and muscle tissue rebuilding. Recoverite also contains all natural ingredients, as well as electrolytes and other nutrients beneficial for recovery. Available in strawberry, orange-vanilla, vanilla, and chocolate, it’s a great tasting recovery drink that will tremendously enhance your recovery efforts and reduce post-exercise soreness. For more information on pricing and where to purchase, click here].