TURN THEM INTO THESE:
For a naturally sweetened and deliciously healthy snack that the kids will enjoy too, try this recipe.
Banana Chia Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup choc chips
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place your chia seeds and water in the blender and set aside to soak for about 5-7 mins.
- Into a large bowl, sift together flours, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm it in a saucepan over low heat until liquid. Add lemon juice, dates, vanilla and coconut oil to chia/water and blend until smooth.
- In another large bowl, mash 1 1/2 bananas with a fork. Chop the remaining 1/2 banana and set aside (you will fold in later).
- Add the blended chia mixture to the mashed banana. Fold in the flour mixture. Fold in nuts, choc chips, and remaining banana.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a knife comes out clean.
Best eaten warm!
Taken from this recipe, and slightly modified.